International Baccalaureate methodology implemented in all educational levels.
International Baccalaureate Diploma.
PISA report above the Spanish average and OECD countries.
B average results in University Entrance Exams.
Music Conservatory: More than 50% of our students attend the Elementary grade.
Technology and learning.
Sports: We include a range of different sports disciplines within our school timetable.
Multilingual education: Spanish, Galician, English, Chinese, French and German.
Native English Teachers.
International studies and international student exchange programmes.
Tutorial action plan.
We educate trustworthy, caring, committed and open-minded students.
Continuous participation in aid campaigns.
Obradoiro´ School Educational community is committed to respect the way children/students, parents/educators relate to each other:
Create a feeling of security around children, in the conviction that only the child who feels safe is able to develop positively.
Not to create in our children/students a state of anxiety convinced that this type of situations generate a feeling of inferiority and hinders the development of self-esteem, optimism and social openness.
Remove aggressive attitudes, unjustified authoritarianism, such as insults, ridicule, sarcasm and humiliating or unnecessary punishments.
To have enough knowledge of developmental psychology to adjust with flexibility the handling of children/ students evolutionary progress growth.
Be authentic and honest, aware that for children and students we are an unavoidable role model that tends to repeat and perpetuate itself, not in external aspects, undoubtedly in inner attitudes.
To be opened to a permanent dialogue, basis of education and democratic participation.
Obradoiro School has always encouraged its students to complete and enrich their education. We seek to complete their official curriculum with several unofficial, but compulsory subjects taking place throughout their school day timetable.
Included in all our students school timetable there´s music and physical education. And according to the year in which they are in, will take part in: computer science, typing, art history, chess, singing or French.
In addition, the students will have to choose three modules among the sports-cultural school offer.
|1. Galician dance||1. Chess|
|2. Classical Ballet||2. Badminton|
|3. Choir||3. Basketball|
|4. Jazz dance||4. Football|
|5. Galician Bagpipes||5. Football 7|
|6. Educational Games||6. Sports Gymnastics|
|7. Ceramic workshop||7. Rhythmic Gymnastics|
|8. Music Workshop||8. Hockey|
|9. Journalism Workshop||9. Pre-sports games|
|10. Paint workshop||10. Judo|
|11. Theatre Workshop||11. Swimming|
|12. Synchronized swimming|
|13. Figure Skating|
|14. Table Tennis|
Another distinctive feature of our school is the splitting of class groups. Depending on the subject in question or student´s age, the group is divided into what we call “Split Classes”. These classes have a maximum number of students, between 11/ 12 in each of the following subjects and years:
· ENGLISH CONVERSATION: 3rd & 4th year of secondary school; 1st & 2nd year of Baccalaureate.
· SPANISH LANGUAGE: 1st & 2nd year of secondary school.
· SCIENCE LAB PRACTICES:: 1st & 2nd year of secondary school.
· PHYSICS & CHEMISTRY LAB PRACTICES: 3rd & 4th year of secondary school.
· PHYSICS LAB PRACTICES: 1st & 2nd year of baccalaureate.
· CHEMISTRY LAB PRACTICES: 1st & 2nd year of baccalaureate.
· BIOLOGY LAB PRACTICES: Baccalaureate.
· MECHANOGRAPHY: 3rd,4th & 5th year of primary .
· COMPUTER SCIENCE: 4th,5th & 6th year of primary.
· MUSIC: 1st,2nd,3rd,4th,5th & 6th year of primary.
In order for our students to obtain the highest possible academic achievements, teachers adapt the classwork to the students´ needs and characteristics (what is known as “Adaptation to Diversity”). We also have “support classes”, in which we try to address our students more specific learning issues.
Tutors inform parents of the needs or advantages of children attending these classes and the schedules set for them.
Support classes can take the following forms:
· Sessions in which students work, with the school psychologist within the school´s timetable. In these sessions they carry out tasks related to attention, perception, logical reasoning, literary skills, reading comprehension or speech therapy.
· Sessions in which students, with their own teachers, reinforce those aspects that need to be consolidated.